The Data Portal has been developed by the Museum’s biodiversity informatics group, with the help and support of teams throughout the Museum.
- Vince Smith - Principal investigator
- Ben Scott - Lead architect
- Alice Heaton - Senior developer
- Andy Allan - Developer
- Laurence Livermore - Digital analyst
- Yuki Geali - Information architecture/user experience
- Hayley Dunning and Lucy Brooks - Copywriting
- Chris Sleep - Technical consultant
- Dave Thomas, Darrell Siebert and Adrian Hine - Project board
The Data Portal is a window into the Museum’s research and collections data, and is the result of decades of work by the Museum's science staff.
The Data Portal is built with CKAN, an open-source data-publishing platform.