Odontocete cochleae linear measurement data
- filename - name of landmark file for that specimen - required to match up to other data.
- specID - specimen accession number
- taxon - species name
- family - taxonomic family to which species belongs
- group - is the specimen Phocoena phocoena or a different species (Other)?
- habitat - the natural environment for that species
- habitat1 - as Habitat but all “riverine/nearshore” taxa are classed as “riverine” and “nearshore/oceanic” taxa are classed as “nearshore”
- habitat2 - as Habitat, but “riverine/nearshore” taxa are classed as “nearshore” and “nearshore/oceanic” taxa are classed as “oceanic”
- feedingr - how the species usually acquires its prey
- feeding1 - as Feeding behaviour, but all “raptorial/suction” taxa are classed as “raptorial”
- feeding2 - as Feeding behaviour, but all “raptorial/suction” taxa are classed as “suction”
- bodysize - maximum mass the species obtains
- divetype - the type of dive the species usually makes (Shallow: estimated maximum dive depth ≤ 100 m. Mid: estimated maximum dive depth ~500 m. Deep: estimated maximum dive depth ~1000m. Verydeep: can dive well in excess of 1000 m.)
- hearingtype - the type of hearing used by the species
- PC1 - PC12 - Principal component (PC) scores from principal components analysis. These are the PCs that explain up to 95% of the variance in cochlear shape.
There are no views created for this resource yet.
Cite this as
Maria Clara Iruzun Martins; Travis Park; Natalie Cooper (2019). Odontocete cochleae linear measurement data (from Intraspecific variation in harbour porpoise cochleae) [Data set resource]. Natural History Museum. https://data.nhm.ac.uk/dataset/intraspecific-variation-in-harbour-porpoise-cochleae/resource/826908d1-5a17-411e-a648-8184d4e8de89
Retrieved: 14:30 03 Dec 2023 (UTC)
|License||Creative Commons Attribution|
|Created||4 years ago|
|metadata modified||4 years ago|