This dataset contains natural history information on 246 species of natricine snakes.
The dataset contains the following variables. Note that species with "?" in their categories were coded to categories based on their head shape and relatedness to species with confirm records of certain behaviours (e.g. aquatic burrowing). Full citations for each reference number are available in
- s.no = Serial number
- species = Binomial name
- diet = primary diet information for different natricine species
- diet_categorized = diet were classed into eight categories:annelids (earthworms & worms), molluscs (slugs & snails), anurans (frogs & toads), aquatic generalists (includes diverse aquatic prey), generalist (includes variety of prey both terrestrial and aquatic), fish (fish only), lizards (lizards only) and crayfish (crayfish specialists)
- diet_references = Reference numbers for the diet data.
- habit = primary habit information for different natricine species
- habit_categorized = habits were classed in five categories: Aquatic, Aquatic burrowing, Burrowing, Semiaquatic, Terrestrial.
- habit_references = Reference numbers for habit data
- reproductive_mode = reproductive_mode were classed into two categories: oviparous and viviparous
- reproductive_mode_notes = In some species viviparous species there is evidence for parthenogenesis
- reproductive_mode_references = Reference numbers for reproduction data
Cite this as
|Last updated||October 21, 2020|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution|
|Created||2 years ago|
|last modified||2 years ago|
|metadata modified||2 years ago|